Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Our Adoption Journey


We finally chose the agency !! After many years of Infertility including 4 IUI's, 2 surgeries, many clomid cycles, and finally 1 IVF unsing my own eggs and 1 IVF using a donor egg. We have decided to move own and adopt a precious child. I have always wanted to adopt a child in my heart and we are finally doing it. My hubby and i are very excited and cant wait to start the process. In October we made the decision and I started looking online buying books and magazines and talking to adoptive parents. Everything sounds so wonderful, but at the same time it is so overwhelming. I know we can do this it is just when i started learning about infertility and all of the different treatments you just learn all the stuff after a while.


In November we attended 1 orientation with Gladney for International adoption. It seem such a long process and so much more money than adopting domestically. There are several factors to why we wont adopt international.


In December we attended orientation for the CARING ADOPTIONS. I was very interested in this agency first of all beacouse they are licensed with the state of TEXAS and also for the lower fees. We where very pleased with the people tha work with this agency. We met with Pat and her husband. We receveid the Forms and a lot of information that Day. I spoke to their references and they all where pleased although a lot of them used Facilitators.


On 12/12/08 i sent in my fees for Homestudy and Aplication. Yayyyy this is the start of our Journey to adoption.


On 12/15/08 I called and spoke with Beth she said she had received the payment and that she will be emailing me the real aplication. She said to call her and she will walk me through all the paperwork that is needed right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment