Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Dreams and Prayers came true






















Sorry i have been away for a while, but i have been so busy lately. I tell you why. Is a long story but i will make short. On Tuesday April 14 morning at 7am i got a call from my agency saying that birth mom was being prepared to have the epidural and that she will be having the baby very soon. WE hurried to the hospital as soon as possible. When we got there the first person we saw was our SW and the birth mom's mother. She was very sweet lady and very supportive of the adoption we where a bit nervous this was our first time we where going to meet the birth mom. When we walked in the delivery room she was laying on the bed with contractions, but minimal pain just some discomfort. We all got along great! The birth mom asked us who wanted to cut the cord?? I was speechless and i said my husband if that is OK with you she said yes she also said that if i wanted to be in the room to see the delivery i said YES. I have never seen a live birth before and this was so important to me. At around 2pm the birth mom was ready to give birth and we all got ready to see this amazing event and at 2:52pm baby C was born we where all crying me, BM, grandma, hubby everyone it was amazing. Baby C weight 8lbs 1oz and was 19.5 inches long. He was so cute and i fell in love instantly. BM requested to spend time with baby for 1 hour before we got to hold him and that was fine with us. We went to pick up some Mexican food she wanted and 1 hour later we where back and the baby was in the nursery getting cleaned up. We got to cuddle with him and feed him. In the state of Texas BM has 48 hours to sign the TPR papers this was the longest 48 hours of my life and on Thursday April 16 at 3pm the papers where sign YAYYYYY!!! It was hard for BM to let go of the baby, but i told her that we promised to take good care of him and that she was part of our family too! She said she knows this was the best thing for her baby boy!! We gave her necklace with a pendant of a cross and a heart so that she can remember our promise to take good care of this baby. Thank you GOD for this prayer come true.

11 comments:

  1. I am beside myself and full of joy and happiness for you! I am praying for you all big time!!!!!
    Hugs and Blessings to you!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! What a post! The pictures are gorgeous

    I'm so glad you were able to be at the birth of your son. Amazing. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I've been totally stalking you waiting for an update! The images of your family are fantastic :-)

    Blessings and Joy all around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS- he is precious!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. I am so happy for you all, what a blessing. Thinking of you- God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! He is beautiful! A million congrats. It is about the best thing, ever, right? I am beyond thrilled for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny...Can you send me your email address so I can add you to my blog????
    julesg1018@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. have been checking in every day hoping that everything turned out okay....so happy for you and your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't remember how I found your blog, but wanted to say congratulations! Dreams do come true! And your pics are beautiful!

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are very blessed. He is a beautiful baby boy! I'm so glad your dreams came true...what a miracle! Hope you are enjoying all the precious moments...I know I just stared at my son every day and night...congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! Beautiful pictures! It happened so fast for you...that is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!! Congratulations!! The pictures are amazingly beautiful... God bless your family. So happy for you!

    Hugs,

    Maru

    ReplyDelete