Tuesday, February 24, 2009

OUR ADOPTION JOURNEY

I met with BM yesterday at her ultrasound and it was a great experience being there to see the baby move and to hear his heartbeat. The BM and seem to be getting along very well we spoke about what she is learning at the center. She is learning on how to be a independent woman. I think she is a great person and very sweet. She also introduced me as the Adoptive Mom of her unborn baby to the nurses this was so nice of her i just cant believe how well everything is going. She also told me that she spoke to her parents about the adoption plan and they are very proud of her for making that decision. They also want to meet us and get to know us. I told her i would love that. They said is better to know each other before the baby is born because they will be there for the birth and we would not feel awkward. Before we left the BM told me i needed to go to her car because she had something for me. So as we walk to the car she hands me a baby gift bag with all the baby's ultrasound pictures and a scrapbook kit to start a book of my own with the baby OMG i was so happy words cannot express how i feel right now. She also put a card in there and a chocolate. On the card it read " I am so looking forward to seeing you both be parents just like we always wanted. I hope you enjoy this blessing just like me." OMG she is the sweetest person i have ever met. The baby is doing great he weighs 2 lbs right now and he is adorable. I can see his face, legs, arms, fingers. He is perfectly normal and so is the BM. I bought the ultrasound pictures and she did not want the original ones instead she made a copy of them for her to keep. She has another ultrasound on 03/09. I want to be there at every ultrasounds she gets just so i can get to know her and the baby.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! My husband and I haven't been matched yet, but it sounds like this is perfect! Many blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Gilliam ! DOnt worry you will be matched very soon when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete