Monday, March 2, 2009

OUR ADOPTION JOURNEY

This past Saturday we took our Adoption 101 class at the agency and we learned a lot from it. We learned the different kinds of formula there is for newborns, Diapers, Bottles. What we need to take to the Hospital ect.. They had two Baby Dolls that where life size of newborns and William learned how to change a diaper aww that was so cute seeing him do it. Well he did a great Job i am so proud of him. I got to learn how to swaddle the baby with a baby blanket. They say some babies love to be swaddle. We also received several literature on babies. I really was interested in the kangaroo care. Is basically where you put the baby close to your bare chest and the baby has nothing on only his diaper. This is good for bonding and a lot other things. I would be interested in doing this.

So this weekend we told my husband's family about our match and that the baby boy is due in June. My sister in law and brother in laws where so excited. I cried while i told my story and my sister in law was so happy for us that she cried with me to. They are very supportive of us. I am so happy that they are. My mother in law is also Happy for us, but she has no clue what it is to adopt and i dont want to sit there and explain to her everything. She thinks that the BM can come at snatch the baby away ect.. she has no clue. The important thing is that me and William are the ones that know how everything works.

My sister in law says that she has off those month's and that she will come to my house and help me with the baby. To take care of him, decorate the room, go shopping everything. They all also like the name that we picked.

No comments:

Post a Comment