Friday, March 27, 2009

We are matched again ! OMG

My agency had emailed me last week about a birth mom opportunity. She is Caucasian and she does not know who is the daddy. He can either be Hispanic, African American, Caucasian she is not sure. I had told my agency that the race does not matter to me all i care is that if the baby is healthy. So i got the call yesterday in the afternoon saying that we where chosen again OMG. Here we go again. This time i am not trying to get excited at all the last failed match was so hard for me and for my husband. She is already dilated and they where going to see if they induced the BM yesterday. It turns out that the baby is still too small and the doctors want to see if BM can wait it out at least three more weeks. My agency said that they dont think she is going to wait that long. I am a little concern about the baby's weight they said it could be because birth mom smokes and that is why the baby is small. They are going to go for a ultrasound today to find out if she can be induced for sure or if she will have to wait. OMG this adoption thing is so stressful, but i know that it will be all worth it someday. Anyway we had to pay a lot of money yesterday because BM does not have medicare, but the agency will be putting her on emergency medicare so that we wont have to spend so much money on medical bills. I am so anxious to know what happened today at the ultrasound Stephanie will be calling me today i hope. Please pary for us.

3 comments:

  1. You have my prayers. I wish you all the best. I'm sort of stunned that a BM would smoke, choose adoption and then not be willing to wait three more weeks to give that child a good chance at life...but I"m very green when it comes to adoption and birth mothers. I wish you all the best. I don't even know you and I'm both excited and nervous for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! I am praying for you. We had a failed adoption 6 weeks before meeting our daughter. It was a weird time trying not get our hopes up, while also being insanely excited.

    Best of luck, looking forward to hearing how it all plays out. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck! You're in my prayers... :o)

    - Maru

    ReplyDelete